Laundry Hints and Tips
- Never iron a soiled item of clothing.
- Try not to let perfume and hairspray come into contact with your clothes.
- Perspiration stains, if left, can permanently discolour and weaken fabric.
- Never rub a stain out of silk – just blot it.
- Home remedies can damage your clothes.
- Pre-treating your clothes could result in damaging the garment and the stain being set, therefore reducing the chance of stain removal.
- Don’t hang white fabrics in the sun as this can cause them to turn yellow.
- Store your clothes in a dry and well-ventilated area.
- Never store clothes in their plastic covers.
- Read washing and dry-cleaning labels carefully.
For professional advice on clothing care please come and talk to us:
Laundry care guide symbols
May be cleaned in all solvents
May be cleaned in perchloroethylene, white spirit, solvent 113 or solvent 11
May be cleaned in white spirit or solvent 113
Must not be drycleaned
Tumble dry beneficial but not essential
Drip dry. For best results hang while wet
Drip dry flat. Do not hang to dry
House hold (chlorine) bleach may be used
House hold (chlorine) bleach must not be used
Cool Iron. Maximum sole plate temperature of 120°C
Warm Iron. Maximum sole plate temperature of 160°C
Hot Iron. Maximum sole plate temperature of 210°C
Must not be ironed